Saturday, November 19, 2005

Penny Banner has cancer

My very good friend and pro wrestling hall of famer Penny Banner sent the following email. I want to wish Penny the best in her fight against cancer. We'll be praying for you Penny.


Hello Everyone,

I have been holding off telling you that I was diagnosed with what the Doctor believes is " PeritonEum" cancer [the sac that holds all of our intestines together].
This synopsis comes from ALL other tests being done and coming back negative...bone..lungs..ovaries..colon..
pancreas..gall bladder etc
I will be operated on by Oncologist-Dr. Robert Higgins at 7:30am, Friday, day after Thanksgiving- Friday-Nov. 25th at CMC [ Carolinas Medical Center] 704-355-2000 and should stay there for three days [ home on Monday] under the name of ' Mary Ann [penny] Weaver'..Not sure they will let the Penny stay in the name ;-) I know how everyone is about sending cards..which is nice and here is a temporary address that they may be sent to[ if they want], that I will get...! ;-)
6810 Cabot Circle Charlotte, N.C. 28226.
After surgery, when my Doctor removes all the masses and my ovaries, they will send it to pathology..Only THEN will they know the extent of my cancer [ apx 10 days later]. They said that chemo should begin about 4-6 wks after surgery. All of the other Vitals in my system are good, which they tell me is a very good sign and for me to continue swimming ..working out..and just doing whatever I've always done to be in such good health before finding out about these 'silent bummers ' that have invaded my body ! !
Those of you wondering what were my first signs..it was losing WAY too much hair everytime I brushed it during the day.. Second was loose bowels..Third was that it was hard to hold my stomach in ..WHICH is WHY I went in for a check up.. I mean, I've been doing 85 crunchies with 50 lb weights now three times a week for years..and for this to happen WAS WAY out of sync.
There you have it...I want you to know, I feel fine and would like to ask ALL of you [my friends] to PLEASE ADD and KEEP me in YOUR prayers along with Kay Noble ;-)
Penny
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment