Thursday, December 08, 2005

Today's physiotherapy

First of all, my wheelchair guy Rich called me yesterday and says I will have my new power chair by the end of next week. We'll do the exchange at Lyndhurst. I saw my primary nurse Lorna today for the first time since discharge and she seemed pretty pleased with my progress. She was my primary nurse back in the spring when things were really tough. She made me do stuff that I really didn't want to do at the time but turned out really well. She helped me a lot and I will always appreciate that. Another nurse Tim was there too. He normally works weekends. A real nice guy and strong as a horse.

Physio went OK today but I am getting a little impatient with the progress. I almost think that I have reached a plateau. I told William that I would like to do more to strengthen my knees and my quads. So we will likely do more knee bends and some leg lifts with weights. He wants to do more walking with the parallel bars. We'll try that but I have my doubts about the effectiveness. I don't like it when I do leg movements and there's no control. So I'd like to work on getting more control and stop flopping around. I'm not looking to do easy exercises but I want to do things that I feel are working. And I get bored easily too. I'll return to Lyndhurst on Tuesday. I have to see a couple of other people while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment