Thursday, December 15, 2005

Visit to new doctor & today's physiotherapy

We didn't get the big snowstorm last night so I was able to go see my new doctor Dr. Matthews this morning. Her office is about ten minutes from my apartment, She seems very nice and I'll see her again next month after she gets my medical records from Dr. Pliamm. She has to do some bureaucratic paperwork for me too.

The snow started coming down by the time I left for Lyndhurst this afternoon. We picked up a patient I know from Lyndhurst at the infamous Queen Elizabeth Centre nursing home. Nobody wants to end up at that place. He says he's starting to get his act together and hopes to find housing soon. I told him to take what he can get and he should be OK. He doesn't really belong at that place. He should still be at Lyndhurst. But turning over patients is what it's all about in our hospital system today. It didn't used to be like that. Am I glad I found my own apartment.

Physiotherapy went well today. We did the usual leg lift exercises and walking with canes. I sure was pooped. I guess that's a good thing. The snowstorm is in full swing. It's supposed to last all night. Traffic on the way home was bad. I'll see what things look like in the morning. I'm not looking forward to this. I'm back at Lyndhurst on Tuesday. Oh and they're having a Christmas Party in the building tomorrow night. Who doesn't love free food?

No comments:

Post a Comment