Sunday, February 26, 2006

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST song of the day

Artist:Sam Cooke
Song:Wonderful World
Album:Greatest Hits


One of the smoothest voices in the history of R & B, Cooke started in gospel and became a huge star in the 60s with hits like Wonderful World. Details of his death have always been sketchy but it has been thought to have been a mob hit.


Last night's NASCAR Busch Series race from California wasn't on TV up here so I won't write about it when I don't get to see the race. Greg Biffle in the #16 Ameriquest Ford won the race when teammate Carl Edwards-#60 Ameriquest Ford made a late race pit stop to get fresh tires. He pitted alone so that didn't work out for him. The Busch Series will be on the road course in Mexico City next week. Paul Tracy will drive the #4 Geico Chevy.


I went on my first shopping trip yesterday. I went to The Bay at Sherway Gardens to buy a new winter coat. They had one on sale. It went pretty well. I got what I wanted. They have elevators there so I can go anywhere in the mall. I also dropped in to the Rogers Wireless store. I've been having a little trouble with my phone. It wasn't ringing. The guy took the battery out and reconnected it and it was OK. He said it was a software problem and if it happens again I should do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment