Thursday, March 30, 2006

Don't you just love bureaucrats?

I received a letter from the Ontario Disability Support Program today. This is what it said.



On March 15, 2006, the Disability Adjudication Unit received your Disability Determination Package. It has since come to our attention that you are receiving the Ontario Disability Support Program benefits under the prescribed class of "persons in receipt of disabilty benefits under the Canada Pension Plan". Thus, your application with our office is now considered closed.



What does this mean? Well, it's so poorly worded it could mean several things. In my case, it means that I am already approved medically by the Canada Pension Plan Disability and therefore I am automatically approved by ODSP and I don't have to go through their adjudication process. So it's a good thing. Of course I knew that but I did call them to confirm and also to complain about the ambiguous wording of the letter. I would imagine that some people getting this letter might think they are screwed. I read this to a friend today and he didn't understand it either. It gave me a good laugh but I know it's not really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment