Friday, March 24, 2006

ODSP meeting today

So I was at the Ontario Disability Support Program office today to get my benefits started. Other than Wheeltrans making me late, it was no big deal. There are no medical issues as I am already approved by Canada Pension Plan Disability so it's all just paperwork. They want to see my bank statements and my tax returns. It's a good thing I'm organized and know where everything is. The woman there was even impressed by that. I can't imagine what it's like for someone who isn't organized or is intimidated by government bureaucracy or doesn't speak English very well. The main thing I get from this is all my medications, medical benefits and wheelchair repairs paid for. I get very little money from ODSP because I'm already receiving CPP Disability payments. The other stuff is important too. The strips for my blood sugar monitor are a buck apiece. So it's over and done with. I'm sure I'll have to jump through more hoops for them at a future date but I won't get too excited about it. There are supposed to be some changes coming for ODSP to make it easier and faster for the disabled to get benefits but I'm on so I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    that's good frank. it's good to know that your happy about something...you know how cranky you can get.

    just kidding,

    will.

    ReplyDelete