Saturday, April 22, 2006

Recent activities

Just a couple of things that have been going on around here lately. The co-op maintenance guy Marlon was in my apartment yesterday to change my smoke alarm. The old one was going off for no reason whatsoever. It went off three times on Thursday morning and then I have to wave something at it to get it to stop. Not a good thing. Marlon said it may have been installed incorrectly so he replaced it with a different one. No problem so far.



The one negative about this building is it doesn't have central air conditioning so I've been on the lookout for an air conditioner. Otherwise I'm going to sweat like crazy this summer. Wal-Mart has one on special this week so as soon as they get it in stock, I plan to go there and buy it. It wasn't in stock today. Of course Wal-Mart doesn't deliver so I'm not sure how I will get it home. Marlon said he would help me with it once I get it home. I don't think I can lift it. Everything is a big production. Geez!



I'm having trouble with the left footplate of my chair. It's loose and not staying up. The screws have to be tightened or replaced. I called Medi-Chair. It's not an emergency so they'll be over sometime this week. And if they leave me an Allan key, I can adjust it myself with no problem. I also have an appointment with an opthamologist in June and then I'll get new glasses.


Time to go watch NASCAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment