Friday, May 26, 2006

A tribute to the oblivious

One of the things I've learned since running around in this power chair is that people in the street are so oblivious to everything around them that I'm considering getting a horn for this thing. This morning I almost had a big accident. I was rolling down Lakeshore Blvd. W. to McDonalds for breakfast when a young woman came out of one of the storefronts and literally walked into my chair while I was moving. I had a split second to warn her or I certainly would have collided with her. A horn wouldn't have helped. I don't know what would have happened and I'm surprised I didn't run her over with my rear tires. This just illustrates how people need to be more alert walking down the street. I am trying to kill a pigeon with my chair. ROADKILL! Just kidding.



Next week is the People In Motion show at the Queen Elizabeth Building at the CNE. It's a free trade show for the disabled. All the wheelchair and van vendors will be there and if you're in the market for either of those things you should go. Of course as a trade show veteran, it's a good place to get free pens too. The show is June 2 & 3. I'm probably going on the Saturday. I went last year while at Lyndhurst and I am writing about the show for the Canadian Parapelegic Association. Hope to see you there. Maybe I'll buy a horn while I'm there.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:54 PM

    Forget the "HORN"

    After seeing the Grape Jelly Scandal......

    We sure as heck don't need people
    to start calling YOU: HORNY Frank!

    Take it,
    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete