Friday, November 03, 2006

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST song of the day


Artist:Tom Paxton

Song:Now That I've Taken My Life

Album:The Best Of Tom Paxton:I Can't Help But Wonder Where I'm Bound




Tom Paxton is a folksinger who came out of the Greenwich Village scene of the early 60s. He's a protest singer with a sense of humour. He never tried to turn to rock to get more commercial success but he's very durable and is still recording today. This comp from Rhino is probably a very good introduction to his music on Elektra like The Last Thing On My Mind. Now That I've Taken My Life is from his 1971 live recording called The Compleat Tom Paxton. It was his final record for Elektra. Paxton is a very engaging live performer. That's one of the reasons he has a small but loyal following. Rhino issued an expanded version in 2004 called Even More Compleat. Tom Paxton turns 70 next year and he's still performing his old songs. A live album called Live At McCabe's Guitar Shop was released by Shout Factory in July 2006. He's also written and performed a lot of children's songs in recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment