Friday, December 15, 2006

Intercom now working and other co-op notes

You may recall that the co-op needed to get a new intercom as it was dropping entry codes including mine. So we did get it installed last week but a funny thing happened. My buzzer still wasn't working. I called Marlon on Monday and it didn't work with his phone either. He brought in Mircom on Wednesday and it turns out there was a defective relay. All's well that ends well because my buzzer is working now. Thank you Marlon.




The big news is we're going to have a guest speaker at our next general members meeting on Jan. 18. The members are very concerned about crime and security in the neighbourhood. So I have booked Sgt. Don MacCallum of the Toronto Police to speak to the members and answer questions. Sgt. MacCallum heads up the unit at 22 Division responsible for street crime in this area. I read about him in an Etobicoke Guardian article about a drug bust a couple of blocks from here. I spoke to him on Wednesday and I look forward to a very informative talk. I know members will appreciate it. I'm also working on getting a co-op blog started in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment