Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST song of the day


Artist:Yolanda Adams

Song:I'm Gonna Be Ready

Album:Believe





Yolanda Adams is a gospel artist who has successfully crossed over to mainstream R & B. She is from Houston and started out as a teacher before making her first record in 1988. She's a very good singer but I didn't like her records much. The turning point was the 1999 CD Mountain High, Valley Low. Elektra Records president Sylvia Rhone told Yolanda to make the best possible gospel CD and she would take it mainstream. The song Open My Heart was a huge hit. Yolanda wrote that song with veteran producers Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. I'm Gonna Be Ready is a great song from the 2001 CD Believe and is also written by Yolanda with Jam & Lewis. She continues to work with them and they've had a lot of success together. Yolanda also appeared in the film The Gospel. Here's Yolanda Adams performing I'm Gonna Be Ready on BET's Celebration Of Gospel and I expect to see her on this years edition this Sunday at 8PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment