Friday, May 18, 2007

Virus/malware problem today

I had a problem with a virus this morning so no song of the day. It was actually malware. It slowed my computer down to the point where I couldn't use it. AVG seemed to pick it up and fix it but it didn't really work. Eventually it shut down my computer and I started getting error messages on startup. This bit of nuisance malware is called Bad Image. There's so much of this stuff out there and there's no way to avoid all of it. First I did a full AVG virus scan but that didn't get rid of the error messages. So I wrote down the file name and Googled it. This led me to something called Killbox. I downloaded the app and it deletes a file when the name is entered in the app. They call this sort of app a stinger. I hit delete and things are back to normal and my computer is running better. Now I have to catch up on today's news.

No comments:

Post a Comment