Sunday, September 02, 2007

Hikaru & Malia Hosaka to Hawaii


You may recall that Pro Wrestling SUN's Hikaru went to Hawaii last month for an HCW match against Tracy Taylor. The promotion has announced that Hikaru will return to HCW on Sept. 15 for a three way match with Tracy Taylor. The third participant in this match will be veteran wrestler Malia Hosaka. Malia is an American of Japanese descent and is a 20 year veteran of the wrestling business. She has wrestled all over the world but she has never worked for a joshi fed in Japan. She did work for FMW once. So I am being a little selfish when I say that I would love to see Malia enter the upcoming Pro Wrestling SUN gaijin tournament or make her a part of REM. She'd fit right in with that heel group. I don't know if Malia's schedule would allow that but I think an extended run in Japan would be an appropriate cherry on top of Malia's stellar wrestling career. However, Malia did work with joshi wrestlers when GAEA was part of WCW in 1997. Here's video evidence. It's Malia Hosaka vs 17 year old Meiko Satomura followed by Satomura vs Toshie Uematsu from WCW in 1997. Toshie defeated Malia in the finals of the WCW Womens Cruiserweight Championship tournament.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:15 PM

    Well, Well, Well.......

    Very nice write-up, wonder how you found out about this one?!?!

    GEEZ...... you could have at least mentioned that Malia would be appearing in Hawaii WITHOUT her bestest buddy, EVIL ZEBRA.... even though she knows darn well that EZ needs a VACA!

    Take it,
    EZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:19 AM

    I can only echo the comment of the Great E.Z. and say a very nice write up. It's the first time I've been looking around here, ( by that I mean the first time since you posted the Malia piece,) and I do like the ''joshi '' clips: are they all from your personal collection ? No doubt I'll be dropping by more often for a quick shufty. Well Done ! .....Mel B.

    ReplyDelete