Friday, September 14, 2007

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST Song Of The Day-Anita Baker


Artist:Anita Baker

Song:You're My Everything

Album:You're My Everything





R & B singer Anita Baker was very successful in the late 80s. To many fans, she disappeared in the mid 90s. After her 1993 CD Rhythm Of Love she took several years to raise a family. Her mother died in 1996 and then her father died in 1998. Then she had a dispute with Elektra Records. I guess they wanted her to go back into the studio and she wasn't ready. Anita moved to Atlantic Records. She was recording a new album in 2000 but it seems the masters were destroyed by faulty recording equipment. She sued the company for $500K and left Atlantic. Finally Anita Baker signed with Blue Note Records and You're My Everything was released in Sept. 2004. Anita produced and wrote the CD along with veteran producer Barry Eastmond. Anita sounds as good as ever. She released a Christmas CD in 2005. Both CDs did very well so I guess she's working on a new one. Here's the video for You're My Everything by Anita Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment