Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mickie James wins WWE Womens Championship

On last night's RAW, Mickie James won the WWE Womens Championship from Beth Phoenix. I normally don't write much about the WWE but I noticed in my travels on the web this morning that a lot of fans missed the match so I thought I would post the video here so you can all watch it. It was a very good match and wasn't sloppy as WWE womens matches are usually. I have been very impressed with Mickie lately. She's a good wrestler anyway but if you watch her facials in this match, she does a great job of selling the match. We can quibble that this match should have been on WrestleMania and I agree with that. They could have done this in addition to the Playboy nonsense. They still sold the win as meaningful to Mickie. And the ending doesn't concern me as it sets up a feud between Mickie & Beth and both are capable of high quality performances. Enjoy the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment