Sunday, April 13, 2008

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST Song Of The Day-Dianne Reeves


Artist:Dianne Reeves

Song:Just My Imagination

Album:When You Know





It was a year ago that I featured the popular jazz singer Dianne Reeves. This version of The Temptations Just My Imagination is from her new CD When You Know to be released this Tuesday. Dianne is from Denver and has been one of the premiere contemporary jazz singers for the last 25 years. As with several of her previous Blue Note albums, Her cousin George Duke produced and her long time collaborator Billy Childs did a lot of the arrangements including Just My Imagination. Dianne wrote Today Will Be A Good Day for her 83 year old mom but the album is mostly covers including the Nancy Wilson hit Over The Weekend, the Minnie Ripperton classic Lovin' You & The Windmills Of Your Mind. What I've heard so far sounds great and I think Dianne Reeves fans will want to pick up When You Know when it comes out this Tuesday. Here's Dianne Reeves performing Lovin' You & Today Is A Good Day on the French TV show Esprit Libre March 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment