Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A new improved curb


I know what you're thinking. What the heck is that picture? When I was out on Lakeshore Blvd. W. this morning, the sidewalk had become an obstacle course. There were two spots being dug up by construction crews. One was between Islington & 6th St. and the other was at 5th St. So I couldn't use the sidewalk and I had to use the street. I'm not crazy about doing that during rush hour. I anticipate that both holes will be filled by tomorrow. One of the biggest problems for anyone using a power chair is the condition of the sidewalks and the curbs. Some curbs are OK but sometimes they're too high or too steep. The curb on the northeast corner of Lakeshore & 5th was way too high so I would just go to a different and more managable curb a few feet away. While working on the sidewalk at Lakeshore & 5th, the construction crew decided to use asphalt to fill in the curb that was too high. So I took a picture and I guess I'll be able to try it out tomorrow. Of course this is the sort of thing most don't have to think about but it's something the disabled always have to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment