Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kim Couture interview

Here's a Kim Couture video interview courtesy of MMA Weekly. Some folks have been on my case for criticizing Kim Couture. My only criticism of Kim was her post match excuse of getting clocked while trying to touch gloves. She doesn't say anything about that in this interview but she does admit that she wasn't well prepared mentally for the match. And that's what that excuse tells us anyway. My main criticism has been of some members of the MMA media who have treated her like a star because she is married to Randy Couture. Kim knows she's a rank beginner and says the loss to Kim Rose has given her the competitive fire that she didn't have beforehand. I have also criticized the American Fight League for trying to sign Kim to a contract when there are more deserving fighters available. Surprisingly, Kim agrees with me. She is reluctant to sign with them because they're throwing around money like drunken sailors. Hasn't someone else said that? Oh, that would be me. It shows me that she understands business and has a more realistic view of herself than some folks who should know better. So this interview gives me new respect for Kim Couture. Maybe she learned a valuable lesson.

1 comment: