Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rosi Sexton wins split decision in ShoXC

Rosi Sexton won her fight over Debi Purcell by split decision on the Aug. 15 ShoXC show in Fresno. I don't think a lot of folks have seen the match. It wasn't on TV in Canada and a lot of people don't have Showtime. Plus there are fans worldwide who want to see this match. Rosi is British. There's no Showtime in England. And Debi is lnown everywhere because of her Fightergirls website. So I've got the video on the blog for everyone to see. The match was really close so I expect a rematch. And if there is a rematch, it needs to have five minute rounds. Again, Mauro Ranallo said it so he obviously has no influence. So I urge all MMA journalists to please ask Jeremy Lappen & Jared Shaw of EliteXC why womens matches have three minute rounds. I know there is no answer other than changing it. The fighters want it. The fans want it. Even your own announcers want it. Stop screwing around.





Round one of this match was pretty much a feeling out process. Just as they were getting going, the round ended. I thought round two was close too. Rosi got a takedown but didn't get anywhere with it. Round three is where Rosi won the match. To me it looked like Debi ran out of gas. She might not have made it to the end in a longer match. I thought Debi's Aja Kong spinning back fist was funny. And she hit it the first time. Rosi got her down with a minute left and Debi was never able to counter that. I don't know about that cartwheel though. Again, it was a very close match and could have gone either way. That's why it was a split decision. Rosi & Debi both performed very well and I look forward to more great matches in the future. Maybe a rematch between these two. Enjoy the match video.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 PM

    Frank, Defshepard here. I am going to watch the video now. But after everything you and others have said, I second that motion for a rematcha nd 5 minute rounds. Thank-you very much for the video!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:13 PM

    fantastic fight!!!! That was awesome! defshepard

    ReplyDelete