Monday, September 01, 2008

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST Song Of The Day-Emily King

Artist:Emily King
Song:Walk In My Shoes
Album:East Side Story




I feature a lot of oldies on this blog but those who know me know that I am always on the prowl for hot new singing talent. R & B singer songwriter Emily King fits the bill perfectly. She's making inroads in the R & B market but I suspect she'll have to switch labels. She was born July 4, 1986 in New York City to jazz singers Marion Cowings & Kim Kalesti. She's black and he's Italian American and have toured together for years. So Emily was exposed to jazz at an early age and got to hang out with Dizzy Gillespie & Clark Terry. Emily knew she wanted to be a musician at an early age so at age 16, she got her GED and started writing songs. Her songs got the attention of Sony Music Publishing's Bill Brown and he introduced Emily to veteran producer Chucky Thompson. He's best known as part of the Hitmen production team at Bad Boy Entertainment. He signed her to his production company and signed her to J Records. East Side Story was released as a sampler in 2006 and Walk In My Shoes was the first single and video. Emily wrote the song with Thompson and it also samples the Diana Ross hit Love Hangover. There's also a version of the song featuring rapper Lupe Fiasco. It's a great song and Emily King is gorgeous. The full album was released in Aug. 2007 and it continues to do well on the R & B charts. But as long as Emily King is on J Records, she's always going to take a back seat to Alicia Keys. This has become a big problem in R & B these days as Emily clearly has the talent and look to be a star. She may have to go to another record company to get that attention. I look forward to more from Emily King and here's the video for Walk In My Shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    Defshepard here. She is good, has a great voice, but not for me. Thanks, but no thanks. I wish her the very best in her career.

    ReplyDelete