Monday, November 24, 2008

Kim Couture post fight press conference

Ever since I posted Kim Couture's win over Lina Kvokov from Friday's Strikeforce show on Daily Motion, there has been a lot of negative comments about both fighters. Details about Kvokov have surfaced over the weekend and I'm not going to get into specifics but if the Couture camp had done a little digging, they would have got someone else. But the main criticism was that a poor quality fight like that televised live on HDNet sets women's MMA back significantly. This kind of poor fight between new fighters isn't unusual except you don't see them on national TV. When Kim Couture announced her plans to fight earlier this year, some fans were upset with my criticism of Kim using her name to get a spot she clearly doesn't deserve. I haven't changed my position. She should be spending her time promoting other women fighters and at least go back to fighting in smokers before appearing on TV again. She's not ready. Meanwhile, I have found video of Kim's post fight press conference courtesy of MMA Weekly. You'll have to excuse the stupid questions. Some reporters suffer from brain cramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment