Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Satoko Shinashi is a mommy!

DEEP announced today the DEEP Women's Flyweight Champ Satoko Shinashi gave birth on Sunday to a son weighing 2486 grams. Mother and child are doing great and Satoko is very excited. Mama Fighter will start working towards a return to fighting. DEEP matchmaker Shigeru Saeki said a few months ago that Satoko is aiming to return in December and that is still the schedule. I'm sure all women's MMA fans look forward to seeing Satoko Shinashi back in action. Congratulations!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Frank. I've just been watching some old footage of this amazing fighter and it reminded me of something I once heard. Did Satoko Shinashi ever have an mma victory over a man and if so, do you know who it was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I am aware of. She was tiny even for 48kg.

    ReplyDelete