Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Megumi Fujii kicks butt as usual

OK gang, here's the match video of Megumi Fujii vs WINDY Tomomi from yesterday's Shooto show at the JCB Hall courtesy of the fine folks at MMA Berlin. It was Shooto vs Pancrase. Tomomi trains at Pancrase. Several folks asked me if Tomomi could beat Fujii. Well, she has power so sure if she can hit her. But I didn't think Tomomi would be able to hit her. You can watch the match for yourself. I guess one could say that Tomomi didn't come out aggressively enough. I don't think it would have helped. Fujii is so quick. We all know that her strategy is to go for the takedown. But knowing that doesn't help because of her quickness. Once she gets Tomomi on the mat, the match is a foregone conclusion until Tomomi taps from the armbar. It could have been stopped earlier especially when Fujii was pounding her. She's simply relentless. Megumi Fujii is now 19-0. We're all hoping that DEEP Lightweight Champ MIKU is her next opponent. But I still believe that Fujii is squabbling with DEEP/JEWELS matchmaker Shigeru Saeki over some of the rules, especially the limited ground and pound. I don't know if it matters anymore. Megumi Fujii is a proven draw and all her fights are major events. Given the opportunity in Strikeforce, she would do the same thing here. That's how good she is.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01 PM

    I was filming just for my friends at home. But i am happy if it gets more attention. The fight deserves it.

    Tomomi did good against Miku. But Megumi trained specifically for her and it went as she expected it to go.

    Unfortunatly there are only 2 opponents left in my oppinion that would make sense to fight for her. One is as you mentioned Miku. But i would like to have Miku some more time to train for this.

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other is Tsuji and we all know why that won't happen. Are you guys on Twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:52 PM

    What about me? I reckon I can make 115 with a bit of notice... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be OK with me but shouldn't you tell Karl?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:30 PM

    I am not on twitter.

    Why do you think Tsuji wont happen?

    The Jewels rules will change next year.

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  6. They work for different companies. And Tsuji was ducking Fujii when they were both in Smackgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:36 PM

    I'm no longer training with Karl. I'm still managed by Warrior Promotions, there are contact details on my blog if anyone's interested in putting this match together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:48 PM

    Tsuji, Miku and Megumi are friends. I think this is the biggest problem. They dont really like to fight each other.

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fighting people you like is part of this business. I don't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:21 AM

    Yes, you are right. But i think its different when its about this less money. And at least Miku and Megumi are really close.
    I just declined a match for one of my fighters because of friendship. And I think it also depends who is left to fight. For Megumi and Miku are not many girls left to fight. So they are willing to go for it now in the next year.

    Anyway i hope to see this fight soon. They are both on a very high level and a pleasure to watch fighting.

    Wolf

    ReplyDelete