Thursday, January 06, 2011

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Megumi Fujii vs Emi Fujino

OK videoholics. Once again it is time for Big Bad Blog Video Theater. Today's featured match is Megumi Fujii vs Emi Fujino from last week's Sengoku Soul Of Fight at Differ Ariake. You don't want to know what I had to do to get this fight. It's not on Youtube. Other than one obscure site, it's a Big Bad Blog exclusive. And that site doesn't have an embed code. Boooo! I was asked by several fans if I thought Fujii would submit Fujino. I didn't think so. I thought it would go the distance. Though Fujino isn't a good finisher, she is tough and a very good defender. And she showed that in this match. I thought Fujii won decisively but she just couldn't put herself in a position to finish Fujino. She seemed to be annoyed about that too as Fujii was cautioned in the second round for illegal low blows. Fujino was cut above the eye inadvertently at the start of round three by one of those stupid mittens the fighters were forced to wear. You can see in the replay Fujii was pawing at her. It wasn't even a punch. The doc looked at it a couple of times and Fujino continued. And I thought round three was Fujino's best round. She just didn't do enough to get a decision. I'm not sure what others were expecting but I expected Megumi Fujii to win by unanimous decision and that's what she did. I knew Emi Fujino would give her a good match. Enjoy the video!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see Megumi fight challenging opponents. It's nice to win quickly, but she'll grow as a fighter this way. This was a good fight.

    ReplyDelete