Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Big Bad Blog Video Theatre-Misaki Takimoto vs Amy Davis

Today on Big Bad Blog Video Theatre I have Misaki Takimoto vs Amy Davis from the Sengoku Soul Of Fight show Dec. 30 at Differ Ariake. I guess a lot of fans assume that the Japanese fighters are better on the ground because of judo and jiu jitsu. But Misaki Takimoto is a karate instructor at Zendokai in Yokohama so she is weak on the ground. JEWELS fighters Saori Ishioka and Shizuka Sugiyama train with her. And Amy Davis has an extensive Muay Thai background. So I expected this to be more of a kickboxing match than an MMA match. And that's what it was. I think it was a very tough fight to score. I think Amy landed more shots but Takimoto got her share in too. The HDNet guys called it a robbery but I don't have a problem with the fight being called a draw. I think both of them could have done more so it was close enough that a draw is a reasonable decision. I do have a problem with Sengoku's must win crap. A draw is a draw and that's the way it should be. I scored it very narrowly for Amy but she's a friend of mine so I'm a little biased. It was very close. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment