Sunday, February 27, 2011

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Rosi Sexton vs Roxanne Modafferi

Today on Big Bad Blog Video Theater I have Rosi Sexton vs Roxanne Modafferi from yesterday's Cage Warriors show in England. It's always great to see a women's match in the main event and I know that both fighters are fan favourites. But I'm sorry to say that I didn't care for this match. There was very little offense in the match. I laughed when the announcers said "This is a very technical contest". I saw this clinching nonsense in Roxy's match with Sarah Kaufman. She didn't used to do that stuff. What's got into her? Don't fighters want to finish fights anymore? Because it was mostly a defensive battle, I would give Rosi a 30-29 edge just because she got enough takedowns to win. She couldn't get through Roxy's defense once she took her down and Roxy came close to getting submissions from her back. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and you don't get points for defense. I think Roxy could have won if she had been more aggressive. With risk comes reward. I know they're good fighters and I wanted to like the fight. Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of both fighters and enjoyed the fight, although I'm perfectly aware that this isn't Ric Gillespie's Big, Bad Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:09 AM

    How about Rosie vs Rin Nakai?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doubtful. Rin is concentrating on fighting at 135. A more likely opponent for her is Takayo Hashi as Hashi beat her in amateur grappling a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete