Sunday, September 11, 2011

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Alexis Davis vs Amanda Nunes

Here's the fight video from last night's Strikeforce show with Alexis Davis vs Amanda Nunes. Amanda came in as a bit of a favourite but Alexis is more experienced. Amanda is a typical Brazilian fighter, full speed ahead. But sometimes a fighter has to pace herself to get through three rounds. So she came out swinging and Alexis tried to neutralize that with clinches and try and slow her down. She did that to an extent but I still think Amanda won the first round. This continued in the second round. I thought Alexis was a little more successful and it looked like she was ready to go the distance. The turning point came when Amanda threw Alexis to the mat and Alexis rolled through it and got top position. I guess the big question is was that lucky or good? Her position could be perceived as fortunate and some ground and pound ended the fight near the end of the second round. There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of good luck. Congratulations to my fellow Canadian Alexis Davis on her win. When I saw some of her fights a few years ago, she seemed to lack consistency. She'd dominate one round and then get whupped in the next round. I saw better pace from her in this fight though I think it was close until the end. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment