Sunday, March 04, 2012

Ronda Rousey adds another arm to her collection

Here's the match video from last night's Strikeforce show with Rowdy Ronda Rousey winning the Women's 135lb Championship from Miesha Tate. That match went as I expected with Ronda winning with one of her trademark armbars. First I wanted to mention that hits on this blog have gone through the roof for my post from a few months ago about Miesha ducking Ronda. It's mostly Google searches for Ronda. I stand by my comments as I do believe Miesha was trying to avoid Ronda. Once she took the fight, Miesha exhibited some of the stupidest behaviour I have ever seen. Some of the stuff she said was just foolish. Ronda didn't seem to care much until Miesha tried to headbutt Ronda at the weigh in and then whined about Ronda's response afterwards. That just pissed Ronda off. So it didn't take long for Ronda to get Miesha in an armbar after eating a couple of punches that didn't bother her. Somehow Miesha escaped though I think her elbow was already dislocated. Ronda said afterwards that she didn't have it hooked as tight as she would have liked. But you have to give Miesha credit as most fighters would not have escaped that. Then she got Ronda's back and tried for a choke but Ronda defended it well. Ronda exhibited extraordinary athleticism during this sequence. After a perfect hiptoss, Ronda pounded Miesha until she got another armbar and it was over. Another arm for Ronda's collection. Her next opponent will be Sarah Kaufman who won her fight over Alexis Davis. The copy of the fight video for that didn't work properly. Sarah is a good puncher and has good takedown defense. But Ronda is a different animal. I haven't seen a fighter in this weight class that I think could handle Ronda. She is just way too quick. Fans always mention Sara McMann but she is under contract to Pro Elite and I haven't been impressed with her fights. If Tonya Evinger gave her trouble, then what could she do with Ronda? Sheila Bird is a fighter with potential. Very athletic. So there you have it. The Ronda Rousey era begins. Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment