Saturday, April 14, 2012

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Felice Herrig vs Patricia Vidonic

Today's edition of Big Bad Blog Video Theater is the match video of Felice Herrig vs Patricia Vidonic from last night's XFC show. Felice is best known for her appearance in the reality show Fight Girls. She is mainly a kickboxer trying to improve in other areas of MMA. Her loss to All American wrestler Carla Esparza was a setback. But I think Carla was a good barometer for Felice to realize how far she has to go with her ground game. There are some fans who don't like Felice's flamboyance and want to see her fail because of her personality. I don't care about that stuff when I analyze a fighter. So I don't think either of these girls are top fighters yet. I thought they were closely matched. For the most part, round one was a struggle in the clinch. Neither of them did much of anything until Felice got a takedown at the end of the round. That wasn't enough for me so I score that round 9-9. Felice did a lot better in round two. She got a takedown early in the round and did enough to get the edge over Patricia. I would have liked to see Felice go for submissions but she won the round 10-9. Patricia needed some urgency in round three because she was losing. She didn't really demonstrate that and Felice won by unanimous decision. I can't comment on why Patricia wasn't more aggressive in round three. Maybe her corner told her she was winning. Fighters are lied to sometimes about that sort of thing. Regardless, I didn't care for her strategy. Until she shows more consistency against a higher caliber of fighter, I'm not convinced Felice Herrig is a top fighter. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment