Thursday, December 13, 2012

I have a new PC and I love it

If you were wondering about today's song of the day, things will be back to normal tomorrow. I got a new PC yesterday and I wasn't online until this afternoon. My old PC just didn't cut it anymore. It was way too slow and I was running out of hard drive space. So I went to Ebay and last Friday I won an auction for an HP All In One desktop computer. I decided that now that I have a tablet, I don't need a laptop. It is refurbished but it's like a brand new computer. And it's very compact. There's no tower. And it comes with Windows 7 pre-installed. I got it from a Mississauga company called Surplus By Design. It was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday but the UPS driver went to the wrong building so I got it on Wednesday. And even with my physical limitations, I hooked it up myself. The only problem was the modem would not connect with the PC. I called Rogers and I thought the modem needed to be replaced. But when the Rogers service guy came today, it just needed a new ethernet cable. So I was back online this afternoon. Just tweaking a few settings and I have to download a couple more apps. But there is plenty of time for that. As some of you may know, I collect desktop wallpapers, usually music related. I use Dropbox to share them with my phone and tablet. And the advantage of using Dropbox is you don't have to back up shared files to a disc. You just sign into Dropbox on the new device and it automatically loads the files. What a great product. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment