Monday, July 14, 2014

Jessica Andrade vs Valerie Letourneau set for Sept. 13 UFC show in Brazil

Jessica Andrade
The UFC announced today that Jessica Andrade vs Valerie Letourneau has been added to UFC Fight Night 51 Sept. 13 in Brasilia, Brazil. This will be Jessica's first time fighting in Brazil since she joined the UFC. She's looked good in her last couple of fights and I expect her to be the favourite in this fight. She has looked more like the fighter I saw fight in Russia last year. Valerie is from Montreal. She won her UFC debut over Elizabeth Phillips last month. Both fighters were injury replacements but Valerie had earlier notice. I have seen Valerie several times over the last few years and this win didn't convince me that she is more than a midcard fighter. And I thought she was terrible in TUF 18. It's interesting because for most of her career, Valerie has fought in Canada and has had the crowd behind her. Now she is going into enemy territory and the crowd will be behind Jessica. And one bit of advice for Valerie. Be sure to get visas for your corner guys. I like Jessica in this fight. She has more tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment