Saturday, August 23, 2014

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Milana Dudieva vs Elizabeth Phillips

Here's the match video of Milana Dudieva vs Elizabeth Phillips from today's UFC show in Macau. The show was on UFC Fight Pass early this morning. I know some of you like to sleep in and this was the first match on the show. My general impression of this fight was that it was uneventful. It seems to me that some of these girls are are not fighting to win. They are fighting to not lose and that curbs aggression. I want to see them take some risks and we sure didn't see that in this fight. And of course it resulted in a contentious split decision. I thought the first round was very close. Milana did score with some strikes and a takedown. Elizabeth reversed the takedown and scored a little ground and pound. But that was a little late in the round so I scored it 10-9 for Milana. The second and third round were both similar. There wasn't much standup. There was clinching for position on the fence and then Milana scored a takedown and Elizabeth reversed it. The problem was she should have done more when she was in top position. That can be credited to Milana's defense but I could hear Elizabeth's corner yelling at her to do more. They knew the fight was close. I scored round two and three 10-9 for Elizabeth. But I wasn't surprised by the split decision. One judge scored it 29-28 for Elizabeth. Another scored it 29-28 for Milana. But the third judge scored it 30-27 for Milana. I don't know how anyone could score it that way. Most of the media scored it 29-28 for Elizabeth which is how I scored it. I thought Elizabeth adjusted to Milana's takedowns very well. But it was a close fight and I don't think either of them did enough to win. The officiating on this show was sub par because the UFC is using officials that they only use on Pacific Rim shows. So they lack experience. Afterwards, Elizabeth went nuts on Facebook. That's what I call a career limiting move. Enjoy the video!



1 comment:

  1. It is rather personal for me since it is the first UFC women fight in Asia. I live in Hong Kong and thought I would buy ticket. However, I am not sure about the card and the price is really expensive. I am glad I didn't waste money on that card since everyone nearly fell asleep watching the card. And this fight was terrible. Both of the women are below the standard of UFC female fighters. Ronda must wish she does some sightseeing in HK or Macau.

    ReplyDelete