Friday, June 24, 2016

Jessica Eye vs Bethe Correia added to Sept. 10 UFC show

Today it was finally confirmed that Jessica Eye vs Bethe Correia has been added to UFC 203 Sept. 10 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland. I expect this fight to air on the prelims. This was first reported a couple of weeks ago by Globo in Brazil. But we were waiting for UFC confirmation because Globo has sent us bum steers in the past. Jessica finally confirmed the fight on Twitter today as she was doing a promotional appearance with her teammate UFC Heavyweight Champion Stipe Miocic. Of course Cleveland is Jessica's home town so it's not surprising that she is on this show. Both fighters are on losing streaks. Jessica is on a three fight losing streak. She has looked the same in all three of those fights. Several fans have asked me why she is still on the UFC roster. I can't answer that but she just hasn't looked good in any of those losses. Bethe should be an easier opponent as like Jessica, Bethe is a striker and has no ground game. I think Jessica punches harder so if she can land enough leather, she should be able to beat Bethe. Bethe couldn't break an egg with her punches. This could be a loser gets cut from the UFC match but I thought Jessica might get cut after her most recent loss. I dunno. I guess the UFC knew the Cleveland show was coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment