Sunday, April 08, 2018

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Rose Namajunas vs Joanna Jedrzeczyk

Here's the match video of Rose Namajunas vs Joanna Jedrzeczyk from last night's UFC show in Brooklyn. This fight was a lot better than the first one. I thought it was close but I scored it 48-47 for Rose. I thought Rose won the first two rounds, Joanna won the next two rounds and Rose won round five. I thought going down two rounds was the reason Joanna lost. A fighter can't come from behind all the time and expect to win. I think it's great that Joanna prepares to go five rounds and she has come from behind to win before. I think she needs to do better in the early rounds. The judging was a little odd. All three judges scored the fight 49-46 for Rose. But they all scored different rounds for Joanna. So the fight was much closer than 49-46 would suggest. Joanna's biggest problem is she couldn't seem to close the distance so she could take Rose to the fence and hammer her with elbows. And her right eye was so bad that I don't think she could see in round five. Her leg kicks were very effective but usually judges don't give enough credit for effective leg kicks. So she needed to do other things to sway the judges and she didn't. My only criticism of Rose is I don't understand why she didn't take the fight to the ground where she has a clear advantage. Trying to beat Joanna at her own game could have led to disaster. But she got away with it. So the next title challenger could be Karolina Kowalkiewicz who beat Rose a couple of years ago. I dunno if she would win this time around. I would not be surprised if Joanna moved up to Flyweight. She was planning to do that anyway as she fought at Flyweight before she came to the UFC. She did not commit to that last night. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment